Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PLN3

In Nicholas Carr's Is Google Making Us Stupid? I don't think technology makes us stupid, it just makes us think differently. It makes everything easier for people trying to do stuff. The internet matters to me because it makes doing school work ten times easier. Since I have poor handwriting, I can send files to teachers if I want or through to myself so I can print it at school. Before we could use the internet, we had to spend way more time researching information.  We had to get up and get a book or a dictionary instead of just looking it up really quick on their computer; that is why it matters to education. And it matters to the world because technology will become greater over the years, maybe even smarter than any human. The only way it could be smarter than any human, is if it could learn on its own. People use the internet a lot so they wouldn't have to use their own brain, but that doesn't necessarily make us stupid, it gives us the ability to get more involved in our research, and understand more completely, and spend less time in the process.  Google doesn't make us stupid, it opens our minds for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment