Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PLN 11

In 2020 vision, it was conjecture about the future.  Karl Fisch was thinking about what it would be like in 2020, so instead of thinking ahead, he pretended to be at that point in time, looking back.  I can't see how this can matter to me, education, or the world.  As interesting as it was I don't see how it can matter to anyone if it was all fiction and just a guess of what could happen, and most of the time he was talking about has already passed and none of the things he thought would happen ever actually happened, so I believe this is the wrong way to approach thinking about 2020, or the future. It is easy to think and hope for what could happen, but having these inventions takes time and effort to actually take place and to actually happen. That is what I think of the 2020 vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment